1. Hello, we are SAY TRAVEL LIMITED. This document is the legal contract between
Us (or We/Our) and You and it lists the terms under which we provide Our
Services to You.
2. When We use “You” or “Your” in these terms, We mean the person or business who
signs this contract and agrees to be bound by the terms in it.
3. To contact us, you can write to our registered office at 63 Shelton Street Shelton
Street, 63, London, England, WC2H 9HE. You can telephone Our customer service
team at +44 207 087 4415 or you can email us at [email protected]. Formal or
legal notices can be sent to our office or to this email address with the subject
WHAT WE DO
4. We own and provide the Website called “Saytravel.com”. We provide the services
of an agent by advertising and receiving online bookings and payments for Your
Accommodation (these are Our Services).
5. Accommodation means a room in Your home, Your hotel or other
accommodation that You own, rent or are lawfully able to let on a shared or a sole
6. To List Your Accommodation, You must register with us as a Host and provide us
with certain information about You and Your Guest Accommodation. We use the
details, images and pricing You provide to Us about your Accommodation when
You complete the Listing on Our Website.
7. Listing means that Your Accommodation will be advertised on Our Website. Being
a Host means You have Listed Accommodation on Our Website.
8. By completing the registration to become a Host and uploading details of Your
Accommodation to Our Website, You agree to Us Listing your Accommodation on
Our Website until this agreement is terminated.
9. When you List and become a Host, you agree to follow Our Listing Policies in
respect of Accommodation and these terms and conditions. As the Booking is
made via Our Website and We collect the payment, it is subject to the Our
Payment Policy and Cancellation Policy.
10. Any specific terms regarding Bookings and/or Accommodation that You wish to
include must be stated in Your Listing (examples include pet policy, group
bookings, age restrictions, accessibility issues) and those must be in line with our
11. We undertake to You that the Website and the Services will be provided using
reasonable care and skill, but We do not warrant that the Website will be
continuously available or error free.
12. Any descriptions or illustrations that We add to our Website about Your
Accommodation are published for the sole purpose of giving indicative or
approximate information about the premises Listed. They will not form part of these
terms or have any contractual force.
13. Listing with Us does not create any agency, partnership, joint venture or other
business arrangement with us and You agree that We only provide the services of
advertising and payment collection for You.
14. We are not responsible for any comments or feedback posted about Your
Accommodation on or on any travel review or social media site. Reviews posted on
Our Website are not moderated or curated. If You feel a review is unfair or
inaccurate, We will help you to resolve that with the commentator but we will not
mediate any dispute with Guests for You.
15. Please follow the onscreen prompts on Our Website to List Your Accommodation.
You may only List Accommodation using the method on the Website. Each Listing
is an offer by you to accept our Services subject to these Terms and to provide the
16. Our Listing process allows you to check and amend any errors before Listing Your
Accommodation. Please check the Listing carefully before confirming it. You are
responsible for ensuring that Your Listing and any specification You submit about
the Accommodation is complete and accurate.
17. Even if You send Us Your contract or terms, this document applies to Our Services,
use of the Website, Guest Accommodation and Listing.
18. If We have to ask You to remove Your Listing, We will let You know as soon as
possible and will follow Our Removal Policy.
19. Guests can book Your Accommodation at the price shown on the Listing using Our
Website (a “Guest Booking”). When we receive a Guest Booking, We will send it to
20. A Guest Booking is a direct contract with the Guest. SayTravel is not the provider of
the Accommodation, and You are wholly responsible for providing the
Accommodation as You described it the Listing on the dates and for the price in
21. We will send the Guest an email confirming their Guest Booking and We will take
the Guest’s payment for the Booking (“the Booking Fee”) using Our payment
22. You agree to Us deducting Our Service Fee from the Booking Fee received from
23. Any specific terms regarding Bookings and/or Accommodation that You wish to
include must be stated in Your Listing and those must be in line with our Booking
24. If You want to take any damage deposit from Guests (which must be refundable)
You are responsible for collecting it in person, via bank transfer or via paypal (or
similar). You must specify the amount and the way You collect the deposit and the
conditions for its return in Your Listing and You must provide a receipt to the Guest
for it. You We do not hold any damage deposits or insurance in respect of Your
property or You.
25. We will take payment for the Guest Booking via our Website prior to the date of
arrival at Your Accommodation.
26. Subject to clause 31, We will pay You the Booking Fee less Our Service Fee into
Your designated bank account 7 working days after the Guest has arrived at Your
Accommodation. You can review all fees paid by Us to You using Your details on
the Hosts login on Our Website.
27. We shall pay all Booking Fees (less our Service Fee) due to You without any set-off,
counterclaim, deduction or withholding for any tax or similar (unless we are
required by law to do so). It is Your sole responsibility to account for any taxes,
levies, and other similar charges due on Your Accommodation, on Bookings,
Booking Fees or similar to the appropriate authority and You indemnify us fully
against any claim made against Us in this respect.
28. Our Service Fees may change and are shown on our website here Any change to
the Service Fee will be notified to You in advance to Your email and advertised on
29. The Service Fee is payable to us even if the Guest Booking is cancelled by You for
any reason (other than for a statutory reason). If the Guest cancels the Guest
Booking, the Service Fee will be charged according to Our Cancellation Policy.
30. If We have to ask You to cancel a Booking for any reason, We will let You know as
soon as possible and will follow Our Cancellation Policy.
31. If the Accommodation You provide to a Guest is different from the Listing You
provided, Guests will have a right to refuse to stay there and, in such cases, We will
refund the Booking Fee to the Guest according to our Guest Terms and Our
Cancellation Policy. We may charge You an administration fee for Booking Fee
reversals to cover our time and any costs we incur paying the Booking Fee back to
the Guest and You agree that We can recover that from You either by sending you
an invoice or by deducting that fee from any future Booking Fees.
32. If a Guest refuses to stay in Your Accommodation on the grounds it is different to
the Listing, we may, in our absolute discretion, require You to amend the Listing in
light of Guest feedback or remove the Listing entirely.
33. It is Your responsibility to ensure that:
(a) the terms of Your Listing and the Booking order are complete and accurate.
(b) You follow Our Listing obligations.
(c) You obtain and maintain all necessary insurance in relation to the
Accommodation and the Booking.
(d) You obtain and maintain all necessary licences, permissions and consents
which may be required for You to provide the Accommodation.
(e) You fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including health
and safety laws in respect of the Accommodation.
(f) You notify the Guest immediately if You are unable to provide the
Accommodation for any reason and follow our Cancellation Policy.
34. We will provide the Website and make it available subject to any downtime (which
We will notify to You and advertise on the Website) and any emergency repair
35. We do not provide any guarantees regarding availability of the Website or the
success of Your Listing. We are not responsible to You for any inaccuracies, delays
or faults on the Website or our services under these terms and We will not be
responsible for any costs or losses You sustain or incur (including loss of business
or profits) arising directly or indirectly from any failure by Us or delay to perform the
services under these terms.
36. If a problem arises or you are dissatisfied with Our services, we have a
comprehensive Complaints Policy, and the outcome of that procedure will be
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
37. All intellectual property rights in or arising out of or in connection with the Website
and the service We provide is owned by us.
38. When You List Your Accommodation, you grant us a worldwide free licence to use
any content, images, and information You provide in respect of it and to display
and advertise it as required on the Website for so long as You ask Us to List the
DATA AND HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
39. We will process your personal information in accordance with our Data Protection
Policy, the terms of which are incorporated into this Contract and use any personal
information You provide to us to:
(a) provide Our services under these terms; and
(b) process payments received via the Website from Guests.
LIMITS ON OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
40. We are not responsible or liable for any items damaged, broken, removed or stolen
by Guests during their stay in Your Accommodation. We are not liable to You for
any damage at all to the Accommodation which is caused by a Guest or arises as
a consequence of Listing and/or being a Host. We are not liable to You for any
injury caused to You by any Guest or in consequence of accommodating a Guest
or being a Host. We do not check Guest’s authority to make Bookings or the
purpose of their Booking.
41. We are not responsible for and will only operate to pass on messages to You
which Guests send to Us via the Website in circumstances where Guests have
issues with the Accommodation such as any accident, breakage, fire, electrical or
water supply, heating, lighting, or other non-functional equipment at the
42. Subject to clause 43, we will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including
negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in
(a) loss of profits;
(b) loss of sales or business;
(c) loss of agreements or contracts;
(d) loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
(e) loss of or damage to goodwill;
(f) any indirect or consequential loss.
43. Subject to clause 45, our total liability to you arising under or in connection with the
Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty,
or otherwise, will be limited to the amount of the Booking Fees We have collected
for You in the twelve months immediately prior to Your claim being made.
44. Unless you notify us that you intend to make a claim in respect of an event within 3
months from the day on which You became, or ought reasonably to have become,
aware of the event having occurred We shall have no liability for that event. The
notice must be in writing and must identify the event and the grounds for the claim
in reasonable detail.
45. SayTravel does not check the Guest’s authority to book, their background, or their
46. We may suspend the performance of the Services, and/or terminate these terms
with immediate effect by giving written notice to You and seek damages from You
for any loss We incur or suffer if:
(a) You commit (i) property fraud or deliberately mislead Us or a Guest about
Accommodation, a Listing or Your identity; (ii) a persistent or a material
breach of any term and (if such a breach is remediable) fail to remedy that
breach within 7 days of you being notified in writing to do so (iii) undertake
any action, correspondence or behaviour towards a Guest or Us which we
consider to be inappropriate, outside of our <<Policies>> or threatening;
(b) You fail to pay any amount due under these terms on the due date for
(c) You become bankrupt, insolvent or cease trade or seem (in our opinion)
likely to do or if You suspend, threaten to suspend, cease or threaten to
cease to carry on all or a substantial part of your business or if We become
aware that Your financial position has deteriorated to such an extent that in
Our opinion your capability to adequately fulfil your obligations under these
terms and/or with Guests or if You are no longer in control of the
47. Termination of these terms will not affect Your or Our rights and remedies that have
accrued as at termination.
48. Any provision of these terms that expressly or by implication is intended to come
into or continue in force on or after termination will remain in full force and effect.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
49. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in
performance of, any of Our obligations under these Terms that is caused by any
act or event beyond Our reasonable control (Event Outside Our Control).
50. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place, We will contact you as soon as
reasonably possible to notify you that these Terms (and/or the Website) will be
ASSIGNMENT AND TRANSFER
51. We may assign or transfer Our rights and obligations under the Contract to another
entity but will always notify you in writing and by posting on the Hosts webpage if
52. You may only assign or transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms
to another person if we agree in writing.
53. Variation: Any variation of these Terms only has effect if it is in writing and signed
by You and Us.
54. Waiver: If we do not enforce Our rights against You, or if We delay in doing so, that
will not mean that We have waived Our rights against You or that You do not have
to comply with those obligations. If We do waive any rights, We will only do so in
writing, and that will not mean that We will automatically waive any right related to
any later default by You.
55. Severance. Each paragraph of these Terms operates separately. If any court or
relevant authority decides that any of them is unlawful or unenforceable, the
remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
56. Third party rights. The Contract is between You and Us. No other person has any
rights to enforce any of its terms.
57. Governing law and jurisdiction. The Contract is governed by English law and we
each irrevocably agree to submit all disputes arising out of or in connection with
the Contract to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.